We Take Privacy Seriously
GM Training Ltd. understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
GM Training Ltd. is registered in Latvia under company number 50203142711.
Registered address: “Kalniņi”, Jumprava, Jumpravas pag., Lielvārdes nov., LV-5022, Latvija.
Main trading address: “M Sola”, Jumpravas pag., Lielvārdes nov., LV-5022 Latvija.
Telephone number: +371 25739069
VAT number: LV50203142711
The Data Protection Officer may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as training progress, and other school related documents. The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this;
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more;
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes;
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
- For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11;
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us:
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number(s);
- Business name;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
- Next of kin details;
- Information relating to your flying experience;
- Copies of documentation relating to your flying qualifications and/or training programs;
- Personal identification including photographic personal identification;
- Information about the nationality, ethnicity, past education qualifications, employment history and criminal convictions in order for you to apply for certain courses.
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account at FlightLogger;
- Supplying our study materials to you. Your personal details are required in order to enter into an agreement with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you;
- Supplying you with information by email or post regarding school subjects;
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
The GM Training will retain and process the your personal data until at least one of the following criteria is met:
- As long as the agreement/contract with you is in force;
- The term of retention of personal data is determined from the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia and the European Union;
- To the extent necessary for the realization and protection of the legitimate interests of the GM Training;
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will generally store or transfer your personal data in the Latvia in compliance with the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to us and to protect your data. To reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration, some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorisation controls.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data we hold.
- The Civil Aviation Authority;
- CATS aviation;
- GM Helicopters.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 2 weeks and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time.
In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
11. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: email@example.com;
Telephone +371 25739069;
Postal Address: “Kalniņi”, Jumprava, Jumpravas pag., Lielvārdes nov., LV-5022, Latvija.
12, Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available via the privacy notice on our website at www.gmhelitraining.com, however a copy of the current notice can be sent out to you on request.